Friday, May 18, 2012

negative to positive

Well it has just been one of those days... one of those where you can't seem to do anything right and you feel like everyone hates you. I'm normally a very positive person, but today was just hard for me. I guess a lot of things have been burdening my heart lately. I'm really failing at giving all my problems to God lately. I know that if I would just do that, He would fight my battles for me. I'm just having a problem with trust lately. Actually, I've always had a problem with trust. I know how silly that is when it comes to God, but it's just hard sometimes.

I just wanted to come home from school today and sleep for a long time. Normally when I'm in a bad mood, I like to sleep. Today I couldn't go to sleep. I think what I really needed was to talk to someone who would make me feel better. Someone who would make me smile even through all the mess that was going on. I'm lucky I have a person, a couple people, like that in my life.

Today, Al Rising was that person for me. Every day he's my person, but I really needed a smile today and he gave me one without even trying. It's moments like those that I realize how lucky I am. I've been so blessed with everything and everyone in my life. Even on the bad days, I have so much to be thankful for. And people always say you have to have bad times to appreciate the good ones. I'm all about turning the negative into the positive. Today was nothing like how I planned it, but it ended up being great. God is always in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment